We have all heard the saying about walking a mile in another's moccasins. I never appreciated how true it was until recently. I've had to balance the responsibilities of two positions before, but this time around is different. I'm humbled to realize how little I do know about what a Greek advisor does every day.
How many of us complain about the number of emails we get in a given day? In the past week, my email load has definitely increased. And the messages are all over the place - never the same question, information request, etc.
How often do you sit in your office and think, "What does that person really do? It seems like they just sit around all day. I clearly do more than they do."? I have to admit to having those same thoughts. But, again, walking in another position's shoes can really open your eyes. Lesson learned that I can't just assume that someone is just "wasting time" when they could be extremely busy. Lesson also learned that I need to look at myself and what others might be saying about me and how I spend my time.
Want to be humbled and really see what happens in someone else's day? Spend a day, a week, or longer in their shoes.
Walking in humility.
Brenda
No comments:
Post a Comment